Wednesday, February 20, 2008

My name is Jennifer... and I am a Twitterholic

I use twitter. I use it almost every day. I use it to keep in touch with people down the hall, and in other departments. I use it to stay on top of what is going on in my industry, and to keep up with where my daughter is. I have a new story every week of how twitter has made something better or easier.

The only thing I like better than twitter is all of the cool little tools that people have built for it or around it.

Daily use Tools
Twitter Fox - I have a few tools for twitter use downloaded in various places but I seem to go back to twitterfox every time. That is mostly because I am conditioned Firefox user. In my work I ussually have a web browser open, usually firefox. It sits in the corner of my screen, it does not really effect my work flow, and if I see something interesting enough to stop I can open twitterfox and read, or click to open twitter, in a new tab.
I have also downloaded twhirl. It is a cute little app that sits on my desktop, but I almost never open it, so I don't use it much. I tweet from my blackberry using Gtalk

TwitDir - Is what it sounds like, a twitter directory featuring the top 100 twitterers
Tweet Volume - Lets you see keyword volumes in twitter.
Twitterfeed - Takes your rss feed and turns it into tweets. No fuss updates to your twitter page

I have read that a new twitter app is created every day. You can keep up with whats new on the twitter wiki http://twitter.pbwiki.com/ There is a link to it in twitter, at the bottom of the page in the explore twitter section. One of the cool things I found there was:

Quitter - a tobacco cessation program built with twitter as a platform
http://qwitter.tobaccofreeflorida.com/

How do you use twitter? What twitter tools do you use? Do you have any stories about how twitter has made your life easier?

No comments: