Thursday, January 31, 2008

What the Flock?

A few days ago I Twittered about a tool I was testing out called Flock.

Flock is a web browser that is dedicated to helping you keep up with all of the social media tools you are using, in one place.
I am sure I have not discovered all of it is secrets yet, but for someone like me it is pretty helpful.

All day I get questions and comments and links posted to twitter and facebook that I need to watch. I also need to keep an eye on the bloggers and blogs for mentions of the institution. It is nice to have one place where I can go to see all of that content that I am interested in.


I have found a few things about it that I don't love. It takes some time to configure your settings. It took me at least 2 days to customize it for my needs. It does not seem as fast with my twitter updates as other tools. I would also like it more if it kept me logged into everything, instead of having to log back into everything every time I close the browser.


If you have always dreamed of having just one place where you can manage and monitor all of your social media communications, then I would recommend that you give it a try. If you spend less than 20% of your day in social media spaces, I wouldn't bother.


Tip!
If you use firefox, you can keep up with twitter and facebook just as easily by installing twitter fox, and the facebook browser app.

I know that a few of my twitter followers did download Flock, What do you think? Please share your experience.


Blogged with Flock

2 comments:

Lora said...

Yep... thanks to your tweet, I downloaded Flock too... not sure I'm using it fully either but am finding it helpful in managing Twitter and Facebook... hoping to expand my use of it over time... just hard to set up all the possibilities... also I've been pleased to see that I can use the Flock browser to do inside site edits... wasn't sure if it would be a compatible browser

Anonymous said...

thanks for be up on top of this! this looks like a winner!